Flipboard fans will be happy to hear that the app finally got its proper iOS 7 update, bringing the client to version 2.1. The update brings about a ‘fresh, modern look and feel,’ in-line with Apple’s recent firmware release, and several other improvements.
Among them are speed and performance enhancements across all devices, meaning the app should feel noticeably faster on your iPhone and iPad. There’s also a new feature that allows you to change text size, on-screen alerts for new feed items, and more…
Here are the release notes for version 2.1:
This release is all about performance and polish just in time for the new iPad Air and iPad Mini.- Speed and performance enhancements throughout. Everything is just faster on all devices.
- Fresh, modern iOS 7 look and feel.
- Ability to change text size settings in the app.
- More section tiles added to the first page on iPhone 5 and 5S.
- On screen alert when there are new items in a feed.
- Dozens of bug fixes and detailed updates.Feedback is always welcome. Please contact email@example.com with any issues or suggestions. Thank you for using Flipboard.
Flipboard’s last major update, version 2.0, came in March of this year and added the ability to create and share custom magazines, user notifications, and more. And last month, the social news reader announced that it had passed the 90 million user mark.
To grab the latest version of Flipboard for iPhone and iPad, click here (free). And if you’re not already following iDB in the app, be sure to check out our quick tutorial on how to do so.